• Carbon monoxide believed to have killed 3 in Tennessee home

    Updated:
    MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Officials say carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have killed three people, including an infant, in a home in Tennessee.

    Shelby County Sheriff's Office spokesman Earle Farrell said two male adults and an infant in diapers were found Friday morning in a home in Memphis.

    Farrell said the home's electricity had been cut off and the residents had been running a gas-powered generator inside the house. Farrell said a landlord had gone to the house with a Memphis Light, Gas & Water worker to turn the power back on when the bodies were found.

    Farrell said the deaths likely were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning, though a coroner will establish the official cause.

    Next Up: