SOUTHAVEN, Miss. - UPDATE: The boil-water advisory has been lifted as of August 3rd. Water samples from the areas impacted were tested by the Mississippi Department of Health Laboratory and were all clear and safe to drink.
The City of Southaven Utilities Department has issued a precautionary boil water advisory for the following areas:
- Summerwood Subdivision
- Whitten Place Subdivision
- Malone Road area from Goodman to Nail Road (including Liscott, Freeman Lane, and Meadow Lane)
- Goodman Road area between Getwell and Malone
- Gardens at Snowden Grove Subdivision
All residents who live in the areas listed above are asked to boil their drinking water until adequate pressure is restored to the system.
The advisory is in effect until further notice.
Until the notice is lifted, do not drink tap water unless you boil it first. Wash your dishes, vegetables, and fruit in boiled water. Showering is safe as long as you don't swallow the water.
Finally, brush your teeth with boiled or bottled water.
Residents will be notified immediately when the advisory is lifted.
- Kroger employee kidnapped outside grocery store
- Woman pulled over by fake cops and robbed at gunpoint
- Father speaks out after best friend is accused of killing his daughter
- Man forced to strip naked, robbed at Memphis car wash
© 2017 Cox Media Group.