Thousands will gather today for a great cause.
The St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend is the largest one-day fundraising event for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Registrations fees will cover the cost of the race. All other money raised by St. Jude Heroes supports the hospital.
Proceeds from the event will go to make sure families who have children at St. Jude will never have to pay.
Race Start Times
- The start and finish lines are two blocks apart, located near a dozen downtown hotels, plenty of restaurants and historic Beale Street.
- The race has a wave start with corrals.
- There are 24 hydration stations on the full marathon course. The first is located at the 1.5-mile mark, then one every mile from 3 through 25, all with fluids and portalets.
- Pace teams will be available on race day.
- Spirit stations are throughout the course, featuring Memphis music and other entertainment.
- A food and beverage area in AutoZone Park will be open to participants after they cross the finish line. You must wear your bib to gain access.
- The marathon course has a six hour time limit.
- The 10K course has a two hour time limit.
- The 5K course has a 1.5 hour time limit.
Officials say to arrive early and bring around $10 for parking.
The St. Jude Marathon is Saturday. Most of the morning will be cloudy, with showers arriving in the late afternoon pic.twitter.com/GQ6PRQAq71— Brittani (@BrittaniD_Fox13) November 30, 2016
© 2018 Cox Media Group.