Nashville Fire crews respond to fires at Gaylord Opryland Hotel

Updated:

© 2017 Cox Media Group.

The Nashville Fire Department responded to two fires at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel on Wednesday. The "fire appears to be out" according to a Tweet sent by the fire department. They also released that the hotel remains evacuated as a precaution while we check for fire and smoke. 

QUICK FACTS:

  • The first fire was quickly extinguished and the building was not evacuated.
  • The fire started in the kitchen according to hotel spokesman, Jenny Barker.  
  • Barker says there was no smoke damage to the building
  • A second fire started in an air handler on the roof. Barker tells FOX 17 when the original fire was extinguished and being ventilated, some of the fire went up to the roof and caused another fire.
  • One firefighter being checked out for possible heat exhaustion.
  • Nashville Fire Department: Opryland fire began in Old Hickory restaurant kitchen, on a stove, extended up into the ventilation and roof.

READ FULL STORY HERE