UPDATE January 8, 6:10 p.m.: Southaven police told FOX13 Jacon Slovain has been found safe and made contact with his mother.
Southaven police are working to find a man who has not been seen since October.
25-year-old Jacob Slovlain was last seen by his mother on October 15, 2016. She reported him missing on December 21.
- Physician tell parents, 'You're doing it wrong'
- Second arrest made in fatal shooting of 18-year-old in Parkway Village
- Body of child found in frozen pond during search for missing boy
- SCSO: Cordova girl kidnapped by father, pair found in Mississippi
- Woman accused of exposing herself in front of her kids at barber shop
- VIDEO: Physician tells parent, 'You're doing it wrong'
Jacob's mother told police she works out of town and is gone for long periods of time, but she usually talks to her son via social media.
Police said they have contacted multiple people, and no one has seen Jacob.
They think he may have hitchhiked to the Illinois area.
If you have any information about where he is, call DeSoto County CrimeStoppers at (662) 429-TIPS.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.