Are you a storyteller? An investigator? Are you driven by a need to find the truth? News Producers bring to life the original content that is the backbone of our journalism.
WHBQ is in search of a News Producer who consistently crafts in-depth, fast-paced, memorable newscasts. The successful candidate must be able to own breaking news inside newscasts and extended coverage. In addition, successful candidates must have a deep comprehension of coverage on all platforms and are expected to help generate enterprise story ideas. Collaboration with others is a must for this position, and candidates should be open to feedback and have a desire to grow in their role. Candidates should have at least 2 years of producing experience.
· Chief gatekeeper for all journalism inside your newscast
· Craft relevant, energetic, important and memorable newscasts
· Develop graphic for production by Design Department
· Write Opens, Stories, and Teases
· Assign stories to anchors, writers, and editors for scripting, production and timing
· Consult with Director, Anchor, other Producers, and Managers on production needs
· Work in the Control Room during broadcast to oversee presentation and changes in format
· Understand and effectively use all platforms
· Other duties may be assigned
What We Look For
· A minimum of 2 years professional experience in local TV news is preferred
· Prior news management experience is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Journalism or Communications
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism
· Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide range of working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
Please email your resume and reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagicomm Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer
©2022 Imagicomm Memphis, Inc.