WHBQ-TV FOX 13 in Memphis, Tulsa under Imagicomm Communications, LLC, is seeking a VP/GENERAL MANAGER to manage our FOX, Heroes & Icons, and digital assets. This opportunity is ideal for someone with a successful broadcast management background who wants to put his/her skill set to work running a successful and top-rated television operation with autonomy, creativity, and hard work. We are looking for a progressive and hands-on General Manager who can manage change and be actively involved in all facets of the operation.
Ideal candidates will be aggressive, knowledgeable, and goal-oriented individuals who are also capable of driving revenue, building winning teams, building a community-oriented and quality product, work to continue to improve and grow ratings, and are capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Strong decision-making skills, organization, communications, and time management skills are a must. Proven track record of leadership and successful experiences in a competitive television environment required. General Manager, Sales and/or News management experience preferred. EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven success in broadcast management.
- Proven revenue/profit generator.
- Proven team leader with the ability to motivate, train, and deliver results.
- Proven ability to identify and acquire quality management and employees.
- Proven ability to structure staff/operations to maximize strengths.
- Analytical ability to utilize market analysis, ratings research, and other information to enhance station efforts.
- Ability to effectively strategize, build and execute station plans across all operations within the station.
- Ability to forecast and budget.
- Ability to effectively price and control inventory.
- Knowledge of broadcast policies, regulations, and ethics.
- Reliable, self-motivated, positive, high-energy individual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other computer applications.
- Reliable, self-starter, and driven individual.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years broadcast management experience as a Director of Sales or News Director as well as previous General Manager experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and good driving record.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Obtaining station profit goals.
- Responsible for management of revenue generation efforts utilizing both traditional and new media.
- Knowledge of effective inventory control and pricing.
- Effectively strategize, build, and execute station operation plans.
- Responsible for building and executing station operations budgets.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of station management/staff.
- Responsible for holding management/staff members accountable to daily job requirements.
- Identify and acquire quality personnel.
- Train, coach, debrief and develop managers/staff members.
- Structure staff to maximize strengths.
- High visibility within the community, to advertisers and viewers alike.
- Responsible for ensuring superior relations with staff, clients, and others in the community.
- Management of stations relative to compliance with all FCC regulations.
- Such other duties as may be required of the position.
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Becky Swan at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
ALL INQUIRIES HELD IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE. IMAGICOMM COMMUNICATIONS, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
©2022 Imagicomm Memphis, Inc.