One in five children in the Mid-South are food insecure, which means they don’t have enough to eat. That problem increases during the summer when children are out of school without access to free or reduced lunch programs.
FOX13’s Family Focus and its partners are teaming up with the Mid-South Food Bank for the Spring Food Drive to prepare the Mid-South Food Bank for the summer need to feed local children and families.
Please donate non-perishable food items for the FOX13 Family Focus Food Drive at any of our Family Focus Partner Locations. See a map of those locations below:
There are many different types of food that you can donate. They include:
- Peanut Butter
- Meat Protein
- Chicken & Dumplings
- Canned Beef Stew
- Chunky-style Soup
- Canned or Packaged Tuna
- Canned Salmon
- Chili with Meat & Beans
- Pork and Beans
- Dried Beans and Peas (1 or 2 lb. bags)
- Rice (1 or 2 lb. bags) or microwavable
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Powdered Milk (1 qt. envelopes or larger)
- Evaporated Milk
- Shelf-stable milk (usually comes in small boxes)
- Canned Fruit Cocktail, Peaches, Pears, Applesauce
- 100% Fruit Juice
- Canned Vegetables: Green Beans, Corn, Lima Beans, Green, Peas, Mixed Veg etc.
- Pasta Sauce
- Cereal – hot or cold
- Other breakfast items
- Granola Bars or other Healthy Snacks
To donate, please visit: www.midsouthfoodbank.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.