28 people were arrested during a Memphis-based rappers concert in Tipton County, early Sunday morning.
The bust happened at the former Maserati Club, which is located on Highway 70 in Mason, Tennessee. The operation surrounded at CD music release concert being held by rapper “MoneyBagg Yo.” Other local rappers were also in attendance.
The Tipton County Sheriff’s Office said the operation targeted criminal and gang activities, violence, parole and probation violations and wanted fugitives. A spokesperson said in past months, there have been similar events in Tipton and Lauderdale counties which resulted in a homicide, multiple shootings and drugs and weapons arrests.
This bust led to 28 arrests on a variety of charges. Several of those arrested and attending the concert were known gang members, and others were known associates of said gangs, which included the Vice Lords, Gangster Disciples, Bloods and Crips.
Eight handguns, an assault rifle and a submachine gun were seized during the operation. The weapons were loaded.
A bullet proof vest, cash, drugs and alcohol were also recovered.
Those arrested including the following:
- Terrence Dewayne Currin, 22 - Public Intoxication
- Darius Dewayne Malone, 24 - Failure to Appear Shelby Co. warrant
- Marcus Dewayne Griggs, 30 -Public Intoxication
- Lemarius A. Rudd, 24 - Poss of Sch II, Poss of Sch III, Poss of Sch IV, Poss of Sch VI, Simple Poss/Marijuana
- Broderick Cornelius Lemons, 23 - Disorderly Conduct, Agg. Riot
- Devon Lovelle Holmes, 22 - Disorderly Conduct, Agg. Assault no injury
- Danny Ricardo Taylor, 35 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm
- Martavius Shantuan Ward, 24 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm
- Donzell Young, 53 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm
- Marcus Howell, 41 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm
- Jeromee Marshan White, 20 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm
- Jahue Johnson, 22 - Possession Marijuana wi/intent to sell, Unlawful Possession of Firearm
- Will Edward Bell, 23 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm, Possession Marijuana w/Intent to sell
- Demario Dewayne White, 24 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm, Possession Schedule IV w/Intent to sell
- Quandrum Cortez Scott, 28 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm, Possession Marijuana w/Intent to sell
- Deandre Madison Speaks, 28 - Unlawful Possession of Firearm, Possession marijuana w/Intent to sell
- Logan Ray Brown, 23 - Possession of Sch. VI
- John Walter Fayne, 35 - Public Intoxication
- Ronnie Joe Edwards, 25 - Disorderly Conduct
- Quashundra Shavetre Nixon, 18 - Disorderly Conduct
- Demetri Devonte Adams, 19 - Simple Poss/Marijuana
- Desmond Tijae Currie, 21 - Public Intoxication
- Robert Lynn Barbee, 50 - DUI 1st Offense, Open Container, Financial Responsibility
21-year-old Jabber Jones, 18-year-old Martavious Curtis and 20-year-old Brando Higgenttom were cited for simple possession of marijuana. A 17-year-old male was also cited for simple possession and released to his parents.
The concert organizer, Anita Paulette Wilson, 51, was cited for unlawful sale of alcohol.
Deputies also identified three illegal immigrants at the concert. Two were from Mexico and one was from Honduras.
Deputies, troopers and officers from the Tipton County Sheriff’s Office, along with Federal agencies, Shelby County Multi-Agency Gang Unit, THP and the Tennessee Department of Corrections.
Cox Media Group