It's that time of year – charity solicitations. But there are fake charities vying for our hard earned dollars and targeting our senior loved ones. Clark has some important guidelines for legitimate charitable giving. Also. we live in an era of surveillance. Our life online can be tracked and sold for profit, but WE don't get paid. Yet, that option isn't new and has resurfaced. Worth it? Clark explores privacy and consumer choice.
- Legit Charitable Giving: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Online Tracking & Privacy Choice: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- NYTimes: 76 Fake Charities Shared a Mailbox. The I.R.S. Kept Approving More.
- How To Choose the Best Charities for Your Donations
- Is There a Safe Way To Invest in Real Estate?
- WSJ.com: Startups Offer to Pay Consumers for Permission to Track Them Online
- What Is a C.L.U.E Report and Its Impact on Your Insurance
- Why I Think Medicare Advantage Plans Stink – Clark Howard
- Health Insurance Guide – Pitfalls of Medicare Advantage Plans – Investopedia
- What Is a Secured Credit Card and How Does It Work?
- Petal Card Review: A Good Option for First Credit Card?
- Best Secured Credit Cards: Top Picks for Building or Repairing Credit
- Finance Guide for Formerly Incarcerated People – MoneyGeek
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The post 11.08.22 Charities: Season of Giving Guidelines / Privacy For Sale appeared first on Clark Howard.