Each time you place an order on Amazon, an invoice for that order is created. Amazon makes it very easy to view your order history and to save and print your receipts.
When you receive a package from Amazon, there’s no invoice included. However, there may be a shipping label attached that includes some — but usually not all — the information you’ll find on your invoice or a receipt. An invoice or receipt will include your order date, payment method, price and tax amounts and other details you may want to keep on record.
How To Find Your Amazon Receipts
Why do you need to access copies of your Amazon receipts? Here are a few reasons:
- To keep a digital record of your online orders.
- To track your expenses. Keeping track of your expenses and having a budget helps you see where your money is going every month.
- If you operate a home business, you may want to save your receipts for tax purposes or so you can pass along expenses to your clients.
- If you are employed at a company and receive repayment for items you purchase for work, you can print an receipt to turn into your employer for reimbursement.
- If you have a warranty on an item, you will need a copy of the invoice or receipt if you need to file a claim.
- For returns, refunds or exchanges.
Now that you know why you may need to access your receipts, here’s how to do it online, through email and via the Amazon app.
Using Amazon’s Website
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- In the upper right corner, find "Hello" followed by your user name.
- Click there and then click "Orders" under "Your Account."
- A list of your orders will be displayed. By default, it will show the last 30 or 60 days of the orders you have placed, but near the top of the page use the drop-down menu to find earlier orders. You can choose the "past 3 months" or view by year.
- Scroll through the list and find the order you would like to view.
- Click "View Invoice," and it will open in your default PDF viewer. You can also click "View Order Details," and from that menu you will also have the option to print the order summary.
- Once the invoice is open you can print it or you can save it to your computer so that you have a record of the purchase
Using Your Email
Each time you place an order, Amazon emails you a confirmation containing the details of your order. You can easily pull up your order information and invoice right from the email message. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your email account.
- Open the order confirmation and click on the order number or the link near the top of the message that says "Order Invoice."
- You will be taken to the Amazon website section with your invoice.
Using Amazon’s App
- Open the Amazon app on your device.
- Tap the "Account" icon on the bottom of the app screen.
- Tap "Your Orders.
- Scroll down and find the order you would like to view. You can also use the search feature to find the order.
- Tap the arrow to open that order.
- Tap "Order Info" and then tap "Download Invoice.:
- The invoice will be saved as a PDF document.
- Once the invoice has been downloaded you can view it on your smartphone; you can also share it with others or upload it to a cloud account.
More Tips From Clark.com:
- How To Use Camelcamelcamel
- How To Use Google Shopping To Get a Great Deal
- How To Get the Best Price Possible Shopping Online