FAIRBURN, Ga. — A rapper was having lunch at an Atlanta-area Cracker Barrel when thieves stole nearly $500,000 in jewelry and cash from his custom car.
Download the FOX13 Memphis app to receive alerts from breaking news in your neighborhood.
Police say Thornton was dining with another man when employees told him that someone had broken into his car.
Thornton told police that the driver’s side window of his camouflaged 2018 Mercedes-Benz G63 was damaged and that the following items were stolen:
- Diamond chain valued at approximately $27,000.
- Another chain valued at approximately $57,000.
- Richard Mille watch valued at approximately $230,000.
- Patek Philippe watch valued at approximately $85,000.
- Cartier sunglasses valued at $24,000.
- Cartier sunglasses valued at $700.
- Glock firearm.
- Pirelli backpack valued at approximately $300.
- Apple MacBook valued at $3,000.
- Apple iPad valued at $500.
- Apple AirPods valued at $200.
Thornton said it would cost about $700 to replace his window.
Police are searching for the thieves. They said that surveillance video from a nearby gas station shows the theft.
Young Dolph posted on Instagram this week that he would be giving away one of his other customized camoflauged cars to a fan who makes the best video for a contest involving his music.
The Memphis-born rapper has worked with Atlanta artists, including Migos, Gucci Mane and Lil Yachty.
More Young Dolph stories:
© 2019 Cox Media Group