MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Health care officials offered advice for Memorial Day celebrations.
During Memorial Day, it's pretty common to have people gathering around the grill making hot dogs or burgers, but doctors want to make sure you keep that six feet distance away.
Have questions about the spread of coronavirus? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the outbreak. CLICK HERE for more.
Another piece of advice was to use disposable cups. Stay away from items like water pitchers because usually everyone touches the handle.
It’s also a good idea to use plastic forks and knives because you don’t want to share utensils when you are serving food.
Also spray and wipe down the chairs before and after everyone leaves the gathering.
Health experts recommended wearing a mask whether you are inside or outside.
But if you decide you don’t want to wear a mask make sure you keep a six-foot distance.
For the latest on coronavirus, stream FOX13 News on FOX13 Memphis Now – it’s free on your Roku, Amazon Fire or Apple TV as well as your FOX13 News App.
- List of Mid-South closings and cancellations due to coronavirus outbreak
- Live Updates: Latest national, world coronavirus news
- TIMELINE: Mid-South coronavirus updates May 21
- TIMELINE: Mid-South coronavirus updates May 20
- TIMELINE: Mid-South coronavirus updates May 19
© 2020 Cox Media Group