MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Area Transit Authority officials announced Thursday buses will only run on their Sunday schedule daily.
The routes that will be in service are:
• 2 Madison • 4 Walker • 8 Chelsea
• 11 Frayser Raleigh • 26 Hickory Hill • 36 Hacks Cross
• 39 South Third • 40 Wolfchase • 42 Crosstown
• 50 Poplar • 52 Jackson • 53 Summer
• 56 Lamar • 57 Park • 64 Airport Shuttle
Route 34 Walnut Grove will operate seven days a week as it normally would on Monday through Friday.
Route 7 Air Park, route 32 East Parkway and route 69 Winchester will operate six days a week from Monday-Saturday on a modified schedule.
This change comes after city officials approved free rides for MATA passengers.
Mayor Jim Strickland also signed an executive order enforcing no more than 10 passengers on the bus.
MATA blocked every other row to maintain social distancing.
The changes go into effect on March 30.
Customers with questions or concerns can email email@example.com
For the latest on coronavirus, stream FOX13 News on FOX13 Memphis Now – it’s free on your Roku, Amazon Fire or Apple TV as well as your FOX13 News App.
- List of Mid-South closings and cancellations due to coronavirus outbreak
- Live Updates: Latest national, world coronavirus news
- TIMELINE: Mid-South coronavirus updates March 25
- TIMELINE: Mid-South coronavirus updates March 24
- TIMELINE: Mid-South coronavirus updates March 23
© 2020 Cox Media Group