SHELBY COUNTY, Tenn. — The Shelby County Health Department has released Health Directive No. 17.
Have questions about the spread of coronavirus? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the outbreak. CLICK HERE for more.
Health Directive No. 17 says:
1) For any establishment that serves food and/or alcoholic beverages is required to:
- Limit occupancy to 50%
- Close at 10 p.m.
- Require patrons to wear masks at all times except when actually eating a bite of food or drinking a beverage
- Limit groups dining together to 6 people (but no more than 4 adults)
2) Schools are strongly encouraged to suspend all school-related close-contact sports at this time.
3) Gyms remain open at this time. All employees and patrons are required to wear masks or facial coverings at all times while in the facility, except when in the swimming pool or shower.
Have questions about the coronavirus vaccine? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the vaccine information and distribution. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
Shelby County currently has had 78,619 cases and over 71,000 have recovered. There have been 1,140 who have died from the coronavirus.
The county has fully vaccinated 6,999 people (two doses) and partially vaccinated 26,688 people (one dose).
If you need to make an appointment to get vaccinated, call 901-222-7468. The health department is vaccinating healthcare workers and those individuals who are 75-years and older.
To view the full health directive, you can visit the health department’s website.
This goes into effect Jan. 23.
For the latest on coronavirus, stream FOX13 News on FOX13 Memphis Now – it’s free on your Roku, Amazon Fire or Apple TV as well as your FOX13 News App.