SHELBY COUNTY, Tenn. — UPDATE (2/11/21): All Shelby County Health Department facilities will be closed Friday, February 12 due to inclement weather and hazardous driving conditions, including COVID-19 vaccination sites.
The health department said any clinic appointments set for Friday will be rescheduled.
Have questions about the coronavirus vaccine? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the vaccine information and distribution. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
All COVID-19 vaccination sites will be closed.
All COVID-19 vaccinations scheduled for Friday, February 12 will be rescheduled to Friday, February 19. Emails will be sent to those with Thursday appointments to notify them of the change. There is no need to reschedule appointments.
Updated information about closures will be posted on the health department website: www.shelbytnhealth.com.
ORIGINAL STORY (2/10/21):
The Shelby County Health Department and others closed vaccination sites Thursday due to inclement weather and the threat of hazardous driving conditions.
- Pipkin Building – 940 Early Maxwell Road, Memphis, TN 38104
- Germantown Baptist Church – 9450 Poplar Avenue, Germantown, TN 38139
- Southwest Tennessee Community College Whitehaven Center – 1234 Finley Road, Memphis, 38116
- CSFP Warehouse - 1020 South Bellevue 38106
Have questions about the spread of coronavirus? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the outbreak. CLICK HERE for more.
The Shelby County Health Department said:
All appointments scheduled for Thursday, February 11th will be rescheduled for the same time on Thursday, February 18th. Emails will be sent to those with Thursday appointments to notify them of the change. There is no need to reschedule appointments.
The Shelby County Health Department will make decisions regarding vaccine operations on a day-to-day basis during inclement weather. A decision regarding Friday will be made on Thursday afternoon.
Updated information will be posted on the www.shelby.community website.
Vaccination sites in Mississippi are also closing Thursday due to inclement weather.
- MSDH drive-through vaccination sites in north Mississippi scheduled for Thursday will automatically be rescheduled for a later date due to weather.
- DeSoto and Lafayette county sites will be rescheduled to Saturday, February 20, at the same time as the canceled appointment.
- Panola County will be rescheduled to Tuesday, February 16, at the same time as the canceled appointment.
- Washington County will be rescheduled to Thursday, February 18, at the same time as the canceled appointment.
If you had an appointment at one of these sites for Thursday, you should receive a phone call about your rescheduled time.
Cox Media Group