MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Shelby County Health Department has added more high-risk chronic health conditions to the list of those who can be vaccinated under Phase 1c of the Tennessee Department of Health’s Vaccination Plan.
Those include individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Permanent household members age 16 and older living with pregnant women
- People age 16 and older with Down Syndrome
- People age 16 and older with progressive neuromuscular diseases such as ALS, multiple sclerosis or muscular dystrophy
Other serious chronic health conditions covered under phase 1C include chronic renal disease; COPD, pulmonary fibrosis or moderate-severe asthma; obesity (BMI > 30); heart conditions, including heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy and hypertension; sickle cell disease; cerebrovascular disease or stroke; dementia; and liver disease. The vaccine will also be made available to caregivers of people with high-risk medical conditions and women who are pregnant.
For a detailed list of the high-risk health conditions covered under phase 1C, please refer to Tennessee’s COVID-19 Vaccination Plan.
Other providers are also vaccinating persons in the priority groups, including:
- Veteran’s Administration: Now vaccinating all veterans age 65 and older at the VA Medical Center at 1030 Jefferson Avenue. Veterans must be enrolled with the VA at www.va.gov to receive the vaccination.
- Walmart: Now vaccinating those in groups 1a & 1b. To schedule an appointment, go to https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302.
- Kroger: Now vaccinating those in groups 1a & 1b. To schedule an appointment, go to www.kroger.com/rx/guest/get-vaccinated.
- Walgreens: Now vaccinating those in groups 1a & 1b. To schedule an appointment, go to https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19.
The age-based criteria for vaccination will remain age 65 and older, according to a release from SCHD.
Individuals in the prior phases, including first responders, health care workers, teachers and child care workers who have not yet been vaccinated remain eligible for vaccination during phase 1C as well as is anyone age 65 or older.
Appointment availabilities at City of Memphis and Shelby County vaccination locations will be posted at https://covid19.memphistn.gov/ each Friday for the following week.
Those without internet access or who need assistance in setting an appointment may call 901-222-7468 (SHOT) for assistance.
Cox Media Group