Teen at center of Amber Alert in Arkansas found, police say

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. — A 17-year-old girl who police thought was kidnapped Monday night and held for ransom is safe.

An Amber Alert was issued for Trynytee Case Tuesday.

According to police, Case left work at Pour Some Sugar on Me Bakery in Hot Springs, Arkansas, at about 9:15 p.m. on April 18.

As she and a co-worker were walking to their cars parked about a block away, the pair were stopped by an unknown woman standing near a parked car. The woman asked if she could use a cell phone, a release said.

The woman said she was lost and her parents were staying in a condo in Hot Springs.

As they talked, the woman changed her mind and said she needed to use the GPS coordinates and asked Case to walk closer to the woman’s car.

During this time, Case’s co-worker said she would go and get her car, parked in the City of Hot Springs owned parking garage, a release said.

When the co-worker arrived to pick up Case, she was nowhere to be found.

According to a release, the co-worker tried to call Case’s phone, but no one would answer.

The co-worker panicked and called the Case’s mother. Then the mother tried to call Case’s phone.

After several tries, Case finally answered and said, “Everything is fine.” Then what sounded like a man’s voice was on the phone. Police said they demanded $10,000 for her return, or they would kill and cut up the girl.

The phone went dead, and no further contact was made at the time.

Investigators said Case’s cell phone was pinged headed south on U.S. Highway 7 south of Hot Springs.

Around 2 p.m., the Hot Springs Police Department said they were looking for a vehicle of interest, a white Nissan Versa with a Tennessee license plate of 59B D82.

The Hot Springs Police Department inactivated the Amber Alert for Trynytee Case just after 3 p.m.

The Cutter Morning Star School District posted the news on its Facebook page, saying, “Our prayers have been answered! Trynytee has been found. She is safe with the police.”

FOX13 learned Case was taken to a local hospital to be checked out.

Her family said they were relieved and happy to have her safe.

FOX13 will continue to follow this story and work to learn more about the abduction and how Case was found.