MEMPHIS, Tenn. — These are things going on in, and around Memphis for some holiday cheer, the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development announced in a press release.
Christmas at Graceland (Nov. 18 – Jan. 9) – Memphis
Elvis Presley’s mansion is transformed into a winter wonderland beginning in mid-November. The driveway is lit up with Christmas lights, there’s a life-size Nativity scene, and Santa with his sleigh on the front yard. The mansion’s interior is done out for Christmas, and you can see how Elvis celebrated the holidays.
Museum of Science & History’s Enchanted Forest Festival of Trees (Nov. 20 – Dec. 31) – Memphis
Guests can enjoy the beginning of the Christmas season with their family by admiring the trees, visiting the model trains and Gingerbread Village, and taking photos with Santa in his snow glove. Visitors can also sightsee the Giant Screen Theater to enjoy a favorite holiday film, and the AutoZone Dome Planetarium to see the “Season of Light and Laser Holiday” displays.
Christmas in Collierville (Nov. 27 – Dec. 18) – Collierville
For the Christmas season, the Town of Collierville decorates the town with bows, garland, and lights. From Nov. 27-Dec. 18, visitors can meet Santa in the Gazebo, ride in a horse-drawn carriage, take photos along the Holiday Photo Stroll, and more.
Peabody Memphis’ Home for the Holidays Package – Memphis
With the Home for the Holidays Package, stay at a historic hotel in downtown Memphis. Guests can enjoy unlimited coffee and hot chocolate in the Peabody Deli & Desserts through Dec. 24, as well as a Peabody holiday ornament, a festively decorated hotel lobby, and more.
If you’re looking for something outside the Memphis area, there are these offerings, the department said.
- Lights Over Gatlinburg at Gatlinburg Skylift Park (Nov. 5 – Jan. 31) – Gatlinburg
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas (Nov. 6 – Jan. 2) – Pigeon Forge
- Smoky Mountain Winterfest (Nov. 11 - Feb. 15) – Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville
- Anakeesta’s Enchanted Winter (Nov. 11-mid-Feb) – Gatlinburg
- Discovery Park of America’s “Let It Glow” Light Show (Nov. 12 - Dec. 31) – Union City
- Rock City’s Enchanted Garden of Lights (Nov. 20 – Jan. 2) – Chattanooga
- Cheekwood Estate and Gardens’ Holiday LIGHTS (Nov. 20 – Jan. 9) - Nashville
- Drive-Thru Christmas Light Show at Clarksville Speedway (Nov. 23 – Jan. 1) – Clarksville
- Candy Land Christmas (Nov.27 - Jan.2) – Johnson City
- Dickens Christmas (Nov. 30 – Dec. 31) – Covington
- Historic Ramsey House’s Candlelight Christmas (Dec. 3-4) - Knoxville
- 2021 Christmas on Main Festival (Dec. 3 – Dec. 18) – Savannah
- Margaritaville Hotel’s “& To All A Good Night” Package – Nashville
- Celebrate Christmas at the Read House – Chattanooga
- Lookout Mountain’s Riverview Inn’s Holiday Getaway Package – Chattanooga
- 35th Annual Columbia Main Street Parade and Tree Lighting – Columbia
©2021 Cox Media Group