MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Graceland is becoming a brief home to a rare traveling exhibit from The Walt Disney Archives.
On July 23, Graceland will have the exhibition Inside the Walt Disney Archives celebrates the legacy of The Walt Disney Company archives, with behind-the-scenes access never before granted to the public, a release said.
People of all ages will be invited to step into the Disney Archives to see 450 objects, including original artwork, costumes and props that tell the story of the Archives, The Walt Disney Company, and Walt Disney himself, the release said.
According to the release, those who chose to visit will see items from classics like rare sketches from Fantasia and ghosts from the Haunted Mansion attraction to modern-day favorites like a maquette from Frozen and a Wolverine costume, immersing yourselves in Disney.
Artifacts you will see:
- Jack Sparrow’s compass from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Costumes from Beauty and the Beast, 101 Dalmatians, Pretty Woman, Walk the Line, and more
- Mary Poppins’ original carpet bag
- Davy Crockett’s racoonskin cap
- Wilson from Cast Away
- Vehicles from Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Herbie: Fully Loaded, and Tron: Legacy
- The sword from Zorro
- Magic Bedknob from Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- Prop storybook from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Alien Xenomorph prop figure from the Disney’s Hollywood Studios attraction The Great Movie Ride
- Tombstones and Hitchhiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion attraction
- Electromagnetic Shrinking Machine from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Lumiere and Cogsworth props from 2017′s Beauty and the Beast
- Dead Man’s Chest from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- Congo Queen Model Boat from Disneyland’s Jungle Cruise
The exhibit will be from July 23 through Jan. 2.
Events surrounding the exhibit include:
- Press Day/D23 Gold Members on July 22.
- Disney Trivia Nights
- A Haunted Mansion Zoom panel with evening tours of the Disney exhibit and the Graceland Mansion
- Exhibit Tour + Dive In Dinner & Movie Screening of The Lion King at the Guest House at Graceland Pool
- Halloween costume party at the exhibit with a costume parade, candy stations, face painters and craft stations
- Exhibit Tours & Tea Parties
- A Princess and Pirate party with crafts, trivia, bounce house and games. Costumes encouraged!
- Walt Disney’s Birthday Celebration Weekend
- A The Princess and The Frog screening and Zoom panel with Disney animators/filmmakers
Self-Guided Exhibit Tickets are:
- Adults 11+: $15
- Children 5 to 10: $8
- Children 4 and under: Free
- Groups of 15+: 10% off
For more information about the exhibit and the Graceland Exhibition Center, visit the website.
©2021 Cox Media Group