MPD officers called to disturbances at Wolfchase Galleria and Oak Court Mall

Memphis Police responded to two separate incidences at Wolfchase and Oak Court malls Monday night.

FOX13 has learned that 7 juveniles were arrested after the incident at Wolfchase Mall. The Memphis Police Department said the teens arrested ranged in age from 13 to 18.

The 18-year-old arrested was Jamurial Brown. She was charged with disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.

According to a mall spokesperson at Wolfchase Galleria, they said nothing happened there. They said loud teenagers inside the mall were escorted out, but there was no incident and no shots fired.

The Memphis Police Department told FOX13 they responded to a large fight inside the mall and large crowds of teenagers were running through the mall causing a disturbance.

Trending Now:

A woman, 33-year-old Vunchatta Holcomb, was arrested at the mall after officers said she refused to leave the parking lot after being told to move her vehicle. They said she put her car in drive and hit an officer's leg. She was charged with aggravated assault, criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, and obedience to traffic orders.

A 14-year-old male juvenile was asked to clear the Wendy's parking lot across the street from the mall and was taken into custody when MPD said he would not comply. He was givien a juvenile summons and released to his parents.

Charles Silver, the general manager of Oak Court Mall said, "Oak Court Mall's top priority is the safety of our shoppers, retailers and employees. We applaud Memphis Police Department and our security team for their quick response in handling this minor disturbance with no reported injuries."

Police said the incident inside Wolfchase Galleria occurred near the food court and people began running through the building.

During the chaos, people started calling 911 and said there were shots fired, however, according to public relations for the mall, the reports were false.

MPD said Oak Court Mall had a similar situation. Multiple people called 911 and reported shots fired, but officers said there was no evidence a gun went off.

FOX13 obtained video footage from inside Wolfchase Galleria. It showed metal cages down and people were stuck inside the stores. Customers were also seen moving in the main part of building.

A witness inside Wolfchase said they heard someone yell "someone had a gun." But, we have not received any reports of someone seeing a gun. FOX13 was also told "people were screaming and sprinting."