• 104-year-old woman dies in house fire in Tennessee

    Updated:
    MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Fire officials say a 104-year-old woman has died in a house fire in Tennessee.

    The Memphis Fire Department said the woman was found unresponsive in the kitchen of a home that caught fire Friday. She died at the scene.

    Investigators determined that the one-story, wood-frame home had a working smoke alarm. Officials said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the kitchen wall area of the Memphis home.

    The woman's name has not been released.

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    104-year-old woman dies in house fire in Tennessee

  • Headline Goes Here

    Crews search for missing 6-year-old boy

  • Headline Goes Here

    Tennessee Senate passes bill for monument to unborn

  • Headline Goes Here

    Probation officer charged with sex-related misconduct

  • Headline Goes Here

    Governor's college credit requirement bill fails in House