• Boy dies after getting neck stuck in car window

    By: Joy Johnston, Cox Media Group National Content Desk


    LAFAYETTE, Ind. - An Indiana family is mourning the death of their young son, after the boy accidentally got his neck stuck in a car window.

    Drew and Lisa Vanderkleed said their 2-and-a-half-year-old son, Logan, was sleeping in a car with the air conditioning running while his father cleaned out an adjacent car, WXIN reported. At some point, Logan rolled down the window and stuck his head out, then rolled the window back up. His neck became caught in the window. When he was found, Logan was not breathing and first responders said he did not have a pulse for a significant amount of time.

    >> Read more trending news

    Logan was hospitalized for about a week before his death was announced by his family Thursday morning.

    Logan's heart valves will be donated, WXIN reported.

    The family is remembering their son on a Facebook page called Love for Logan.



    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Boy dies after getting neck stuck in car window

  • Headline Goes Here

    Garth Brooks supports March for Our Lives protesters with new song

  • Headline Goes Here

    Justice Dept. announces proposal to ban bump stocks ahead of anti-gun…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Florida Gov. Rick Scott signs year-round daylight saving time measure

  • Headline Goes Here

    Mother crashed car into pole to prove to kids God is real, police say