Denver firefighters rescue dog that climbed ladder when spooked by fireworks

Firefighters Rescue Dog That Climbed Ladder When Spooked by Fireworks

DENVER — Pets can become scared by fireworks, and one dog was no exception during Fourth of July celebrations in Denver.

The dog, named Mojo, used a ladder outside a Denver home to escape the noise, scrambling to the roof in search of a safe place, KCNC reported.

Content Continues Below

Denver firefighters were able to coax the animal off the roof and lead it back into the home, the television station reported.

In a tweet, officials from the Denver Fire Department reminded followers that fireworks are illegal in the city.