POLLOCK PINES, Calif. — A family dog died after protecting a child from smoke Tuesday when a fire ripped through their house.
Download the FOX13 Memphis app to receive alerts from breaking news in your neighborhood.
Two people staying at the home ran into an upstairs room to get the 10-year-old boy from a smoke-filled room, KTXL reported.
"Zoe, she was sleeping over his face so he didn't get the smoke," Marghella told KTXL.
Zoe, two other dogs and a cat did not survive. The fire is under investigation
© 2020 Cox Media Group