WASHINGTON - Parents of toddlers, it's time to check your child's toy box.
Target announced last week that it is voluntarily recalling 495,000 wooden toy vehicles over possible choking risks.
#Recall: Approx. 495,000 @Target Wooden Toy Vehicles. The wheels on the vehicles can detach, posing a choking hazard to children. Get full refund. CONTACT: 800-440-0680 or https://t.co/MxlKzyn0Ub. Full recall notice: https://t.co/VE5Zq6Cwdl pic.twitter.com/UBpZB8BKoF— US Consumer Product Safety Commission (@USCPSC) April 18, 2019
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the recall includes eight Bullseye's Playground toys whose wheels "can detach, posing a choking hazard to children." The toys were sold individually for about $1 each at Target stores nationwide and in eight-pack assortments for about $8 each on the retailer's website in October and November.
The recalled items include the following:
- Caboose with item No. 89304, DPCI 234-18-0100 and UPC 765940893043
- Santa in sleigh with item No. 89297, DPCI 234-18-0100 and UPC 765940892978
- Ice cream truck/food truck with item No. 89298, DPCI 234-18-0100 and UPC 765940892985
- Train with item No. 89301, DPCI 234-18-0100 and UPC 765940893012
- Police car with item No. 89303, DPCI 234-18-0100 and UPC 765940893036
- Firetruck with item No. 89302, DPCI 234-18-0100 and UPC 765940893029
- Taxi with item No. 89300, DPCI 234-18-0100 and UPC 765940893005
- Digger with item No. 89299, DPCI 234-18-0100 and UPC 7659408929
- Toy Vehicles 8-Pack Assortment with DPCI 234-20-0189 and UPC 765940893159
"Consumers should immediately take the recalled toys away from children and return the toys to any Target store for a full refund," the CPSC said.
Officials are not aware of any injuries caused by the products.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.