Multiple California elementary school students sick after eating marijuana-laced chips

PERRIS, Calif. — Multiple students at a California elementary school got sick after eating marijuana-laced food on Thursday.

>> Read more trending news

KTLA says six students at Enchanted Elementary School in Perris, California, got sick around 11:30 a.m. Thursday after eating suspected marijuana-laced chips. The Riverside County Sheriff’s Office told KTLA that at the time, the students were reporting that they had food-related illnesses.

During their investigation, investigators learned that a student brought food to school and shared it with other students. The investigators believed the food had small amounts of a cannabis product that the child was unaware of. KTLA says the six students were taken to the hospital as a precaution and are expected to be okay.

KCBS says the cannabis was undetectable because it was “infused into a common snack food, a bag of hot Cheetos.”

No further information was released but school officials have been in contact with the families of the students who were ill.