Last Updated August 1, 2022
Thank you for your interest in Fox13Memphis.com, an Imagicomm Memphis, LLC company (“Imagicomm”). We respect your privacy when you use our websites, mobile and other online applications, and products and services operated by Imagicomm (collectively, the Imagicomm Sites”).
This Privacy Statement describes the personal information we collect, how we may use the information and to whom it is disclosed, and your choices as it pertains to personal information In addition, it describes the measures we take to safeguard your personal information, how you can access, delete, or change the information we maintain about you, and how you may withdraw consent you previously provided to us or ask us to refrain from sending you certain communications.
By using Imagicomm Sites, you consent to the use of information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement, including our communications using the email address provided by you through one or more of the Imagicomm Sites. Unless otherwise noted in communications you may receive from us, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information you may provide to us through offline methods, for example, at live event premises or via telephone.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or reflect changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Privacy Statement. You are responsible for periodically visiting the Imagicomm Sites and reviewing this Privacy Statement to check for any changes.
Children Under Thirteen
Imagicomm Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly collect or solicit the personal information of children or minors. If you are under 13, do not provide any personal information to us.
This Privacy Statement contains:
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Collect Information About You
- How We May Use the Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Access and Corrections
- Links and Other Third Party Services
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Safeguarding Your Account
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Additional California Disclosures
- How to Contact Us
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as first name, last name, alias, address, unique personal identifier (such as pixels, cookies, web beacons), social security number, IP address, email address, phone number, passport/ID number, customer or account number, ID, or other similar identifiers;
- Personal records , such as physical characteristics/descriptions, signature, education, employment, bank account information, medical information, financial information, or health insurance information;
- Characteristics such as age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, veteran or military status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, and other demographic data;
- Customer Accounts/Commercial information , such as records or personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories and/or tendencies;
- Online usage information , such as internet and other electronic network activity information including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement;
- Geolocation data, such as your physical location;
- Sensory information , such as audio recordings of customer service calls, and visual recordings of consumers in stores; and
- Inferences Drawn From Personal Information/Profiling, such as your purchase preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The information we collect about you falls into one of three categories: (1) information you provide to us, (2) information collected automatically when you navigate through the Imagicomm Sites (such as through cookies), and (3) information provided to us by third parties such as advertisers, sponsors and other business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information that you choose to provide on the Imagicomm Sites in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register for one of our products or services. This information may include your name, email address, gender, age, zip code, or payment card information;
- create an account for access. For example, we may collect your user name, password, and other credentials for accessing one or more of the Imagicomm Sites;
- purchase products or services on the Imagicomm Sites. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and your billing information, such as your credit card number and its expiration date. We may also collect additional information such as your login name and password, your date of birth, and other identifying information;
- express your interests and/or preferences. For example, we might request information on your interest in sports, personal finance, the performing arts, etc.;
- participate in chats, web forums, or other interactive sessions;
- provide payment card information for one of our products or services;
- subscribe to our newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on designated areas of the Imagicomm Sites such as message boards, discussion or comment areas, or transmitted to other users of the Imagicomm Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Please be aware that we cannot control the actions of other users of the Imagicomm Sites, and we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed or exploited by unauthorized persons.
Information Automatically Collected
As you navigate through and interact with the Imagicomm Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information such as information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns, including:
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including the device type, device make/model, browser type, operating system, the resolution of your device monitor, your ISP or mobile carrier, your device identifiers, your IP address, and related information. Such information may include physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device (“Location Information”). If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device.
- Information on your visits to the Imagicomm Sites, including date and time of your access to the Imagicomm Sites, pages you visited, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website, emails you open and links you follow within such emails, other communication data, and the resources you access and use on the Imagicomm Sites.
We use various technologies for automated collection of data such as cookies, local shared objects/flash cookies, and web beacons (generally referred to as “Data Technologies”). Data Technologies include all current and similar future technologies.
Local Shared Objects/Flash Cookies – Local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Web Beacons – A web beacon, also known as a single pixel GIF, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies, and allows us to obtain information on the number of users who visit those pages and other traffic-related statistics.
We may partner with third-party service providers, such as ad networks, to serve advertising to you based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices, and mobile applications (“online behavioral” or “interest-based” advertising).
Third-party service providers may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates, and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on the Imagicomm Sites and on third-party websites and mobile applications.
We do not provide information directly associated with a specific person, such as name and address, to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may make an assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
Some companies disclose when they are using interest-based advertising programs on the Imagicomm Sites to deliver third-party ads or collecting information about your visit for these purposes and give you the ability to opt-out of this use of your information. For more information, see Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information Obtained Through Third Parties
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Imagicomm Sites are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and other providers. We also use analytics tools to help analyze how users use the Imagicomm Sites.
These third parties may use their Data Technologies to collect information about you when you use the Imagicomm Sites. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information, or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you interest-based advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used.
When you use the social networking features on the Imagicomm Sites, you may be asked to log in to a social network using your social network credentials such as your Facebook user ID. When you log in, we may collect information about you, including personal information, from that social network. In addition, when you use one of the social network sharing tools available on the Imagicomm Sites, the social network operating the tool may collect information about you based on such use.
We may use information we collect, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- to present the Imagicomm Sites and deliver content, including advertising related to your interests, browsing and usage history, Location Information and other information we collected within the Imagicomm Sites and from other websites and sources;
- to fulfill purposes for which you provided the information, including management of your user account, provision of products and services you request, processing and collection of payments, and support;
- to contact you regarding your purchase;
- to offer our products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscriptions, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to notify you about changes to the Imagicomm Sites or any products or services we offer;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with us and others through various means, such as through our message boards or discussion or comment areas;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and communications;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies;
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you in the manner required by law; and
- for any other purposes, with your consent.
We may combine information that you provide to us with information we receive from other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected.
Network advertising allows Imagicomm and third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We may disclose aggregated information about our visitors and information provided that does not identify any individual. We may sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, for example, as described below:
- to our affiliates, who will use the information in accordance with their privacy policies;
- to our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, who will use the information in accordance with their privacy policies;
- to co-sponsor(s) of surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions, as identified in the applicable official rules, if you enter such promotions;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Imagicomm Sites, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- to an acquirer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy or similar proceedings, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred;
- to advertisers and other third parties who market their products or services to you with your permission;
- for any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Visitor Agreement and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Imagicomm, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices about how we communicate with you. Mechanisms below will provide you with controls over your information.
Registration and SMS Alerts
You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that might impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service. If you register with us, you also have the option of deleting all information except for your email address. If you would like to completely deactivate your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that if you deactivate your account, you will not receive any newsletters from us, and you will not be able to participate in any of our contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions. Also, even if you deactivate your account, you still need to go through a separate process to unsubscribe from SMS alerts you previously signed up to receive. You can unsubscribe from these alerts by using the “STOP” function within those messages. You agree that, subject to applicable law, we may use your information to contact you for customer service, to inform you of important changes to our products or services, and to send you administrative notices or any communications relevant to your use of the Imagicomm Sites, including communications in the event of a data security event.
Newsletters and Other Email Communications
If you decide to unsubscribe from our email newsletters to which you had previously subscribed, or if you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails.
You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser's setting to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons by changing the add-ons’ settings or opting out at the website of the technology provider. For example, to manage your Flash cookie settings, you may visit the Flash player settings page on the Adobe website and follow their instructions.
If you disable certain Data Technologies or opt out from location services, however, certain features of the Imagicomm Sites may not function properly or at all as a result.
Third Party Communications
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, you can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting https://www.aboutads.info/choices, https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and https://www.evidon.com. Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests. To learn more about your choices when it comes to the use of online behavioral advertising data by advertisers and ad servers across the Internet, visit aboutads.info.
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you registered for a password-protected account within the Imagicomm Sites, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Imagicomm Sites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Imagicomm Sites, including User Contributions, is governed by our Visitor Agreement.
The Imagicomm Sites may contain links to websites and other resources not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or use of any websites or resources other than those on the Imagicomm Sites. Providers of these websites and other resources may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. For example, transmission of any payment transactions where you provide sensitive financial data such as credit card information will be encrypted. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password for access to certain parts of the Imagicomm Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You are responsible for the use of your account.
California residents have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect about you, including the sources of personal information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, and with whom personal information is shared.
Requests To Know
To make a request for any of the information outlined above, please submit a request to the email below. We will acknowledge your request within 10 business days and will attempt to respond substantively within 45 days. If we need additional time, we will let you know. If we deny your request, we will explain why, if applicable, will provide guidance on how to cure deficiencies in your request.
You may make a request by sending us an email at email@example.com .
Once we receive your Request to Know, we are required to verify that you are the person that is the subject of the request (the “Verification Process”). The Verification Process consists of matching identifying information provided by you with the information we have about you in our records. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not be able to fulfill your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us ("Request to Delete"), subject to certain exceptions permitted by law.
To make a Request to Delete, please submit a verifiable consumer request pursuant to the instructions below. We will acknowledge your request within 10 business days and will attempt to respond substantively within 45 days. If we need additional time, we will let you know.
You may make a request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Once we receive your request to delete, we are required to verify that you are the person that is the subject of the request (the “Verification Process”). The Verification Process consists of matching identifying information provided by you with the information we have about you in our records.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of personal information
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. You may make a request by sending us an email at email@example.com .
Right to Non-Discrimination and Notice of Financial Incentives
You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your CCPA privacy rights. We do not use the fact that you have exercised or requested to exercise any CCPA rights for any purpose other than facilitating a response to your request.
We do not currently offer any financial incentive programs.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise the above California privacy rights on your behalf, subject to the agent request requirements of the CCPA. Please note, for your safety and security, we will require authorized agents to provide proof of the consumer's consent and designation of the authorized agent for the purpose of making the request, and will require authorized agents to provide information necessary to verify the identity of the consumer who is the subject of the request. We may also require that a consumer verify his/her own identity directly with us before we respond to an authorized agent's request. We reserve the right to deny requests in certain circumstances, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents: As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers; therefore, we do not respond to them.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to exercise your privacy rights, update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .