MEMPHIS, Tenn. — LA Fitness has announced the reopening of its Tennessee locations on June 1.
Clubs will open that day at 6 a.m., according to a letter to club members.
Some areas of clubs may be closed in accordance with state requirements and guidelines.
Areas may include the spa, pool, basketball court, racquetball courts, locker rooms, showers, water fountains and Kids Klub.
Group fitness class capacity will be limited to allow for social distancing, according to the letter.
Clubs will be open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
According to the letter, the following guidelines will be in place:
• Measures to promote proper social distancing such as checking in one by one, limiting building occupancy and removing or making some equipment unavailable
• Contactless check-in
• Hand sanitizing upon entry
• Require members to bring their own towel and mat
• All staff trained to participate in cleaning and disinfecting
• Pre-shift screening, masks and gloves required for all employees
Guests are encouraged to stay home if they are sick and stay at least six feet away from other guests.
People at higher risk for illness should avoid visiting gyms and fitness centers, according to the letter.
Guests should use hand sanitizer after leaving the gym and wash their hands with soap and water when they return home.
© 2021 © 2020 Cox Media Group