MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Shelby County Health Department is offering make-up vaccinations this week for those whose appointments were canceled due to the snow and ice.
Some limited new appointments are also available, according to SCHD.
Anyone with an appointment scheduled at Appling City Cove, the Pipkin Building, Germantown Baptist Church, or SWTCC Whitehaven that was canceled will automatically be rescheduled.
The new appointment will be set for the same location, same day, and same time this week.
Patients will receive an email with the date of the rescheduled appointment, SCHD said.
Some new first and second-dose appointments are available.
Anyone without Internet access may call the SCHD’s vaccination hotline number at 901-222-7468 (SHOT) for assistance in setting an appointment. That hotline is staffed from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., seven days per week.
Beginning Wednesday, teachers, child care providers, and individuals age 65 and older are eligible to be vaccinated and may sign up for vaccination appointments, SCHD said.
SCHD released the following schedule for this week:
- February 23, 26 – 27: (2nd Doses Pfizer and Moderna) Germantown Baptist Church, 9450 Poplar Avenue https://www.signupgenius.com/go/GermantownFeb23-26-27 (Please only sign up for an appointment if you received the 1st dose on or before the date indicated on the signup link)
- February 24-25, 2021: (1st Dose Pfizer) Germantown Baptist Church, 9450 Poplar Avenue https://www.signupgenius.com/go/GermantownFeb24-25
- February 25 – 26, 2021: (1st Dose Pfizer) Pipkin Building, 940 Early Maxwell Road https://www.signupgenius.com/go/PipkinFeb25-26
- February 27, 2021: (1st and 2nd Doses Pfizer and Moderna): Pipkin Building, 940 Early Maxwell Road https://www.signupgenius.com/go/PipkinFeb27 (Please only sign up for an appointment if you received the 1st dose on or before the date indicated on the signup link)
On Friday and Saturday, SCHD will set up pop-up vaccine sites at two local churches.
This will be first doses only.
- February 26, 2021: (1st Doses Pfizer) Anointed Temple Of Praise 3939 Riverdale Road https://www.signupgenius.com/go/ATOP
- February 27, 2021: (1st Doses Pfizer) Cane Creek Missionary Baptist Church 1785 Elvis Presley Blvd. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/CaneCreekBaptist
Monday, FOX13 looked at how the department was handling makeup appointments.
The line of cars waiting to get into the Appling vaccination site in Memphis around Appling Farms Parkway.
Amy Moser of Memphis said she wasn’t there for a make-up appointment but was glad she got in without the worry of trying to deal with the weather.
“We just got our appointment yesterday, so with the weather being cooperative, it was a good opportunity, and I was glad for it,” said Moser.
According to the Shelby County Health Department, the appointments that were missed will now happen on the same time and the same day and at the same time only a week later this time. According to the health department, this week was not booked up, so it was easy to book makeup appointments.
Last week the weather took a toll. Two weeks ago, about 19,000 people got shots in Shelby County. That dropped last week to fewer than 9,000 people.
Moser said she is just glad that she was able to get it Monday.
“Oh Yeah, I am very excited,” she said. “I’m not going to run out and go to every restaurant though I do feel more at ease for sure. "
The health department said it already notified patients who had appointments last week about their new appointments. So far, more than 75,000 people have gotten at least one shot in Shelby County.