MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Memphis is well represented on the finalist list for the Mr. and Miss basketball awards.
Houston High School senior guard Jayla Hemingway (Class AAA) is the lone area finalist on the girls’ side.
Meanwhile, the Bluff City has a boys’ finalist in each classification.
Download the FOX13 Memphis app to receive alerts from breaking news in your neighborhood.
- Memphis mother of 3 dies after being reported missing, shot in the head multiple times
- Teachers fired after sending 'inappropriate messages' about Memphis middle school students
- Local kindergarten student hit in the face with ruler for 'tattletaling,' family says
- PHOTOS: Mid-South’s Most Wanted Fugitives
That list includes the following players:
- Manassas High senior forward Catthadious Moore (Class A)
- Wooddale High senior forward Chandler Lawson (Class AA)
- Bartlett senior forward Antavion Collum (Class AAA)
- East senior center James Wiseman (Class AAA)
- Harding Academy senior forward Luke Howard (Division II Class A)
- Briarcrest Christian School sophomore guard Kennedy Chandler (Division II Class AA)
The award is based off on-court performance, academics and character.
Winners will be revealed in March.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.