MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A woman was killed when her house caught fire during Friday's snowy day in Memphis.
The flames sparked at a house in the 1200 block of Hester Street.
FOX13 confirmed that the victim was a 104-year-old woman.
Memphis Fire Department said an electrical malfunction in the kitchen wall area was the cause of the fire. Total damage estimated at $27,000.
Watch Good Morning Memphis as we work to learn more about the victim.
- Memphis man in hospital after stabbing in Overton Square
- PHOTOS: Timeline of when snow will hit Memphis on Friday
- Memphis man tries to save victims from burning SUV
- Memphis snow: What to expect from Friday’s winter weather
© 2018 Cox Media Group.