BYHALIA, Miss. - One man is in jail, after allegedly shooting his co-worker multiple times at their workplace in Byhalia, according to the Marshall County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies identified the victim name was D'Andre Jones. He was allegedly shot multiple times by Lamonte Burchette, at Griffin Inc., where they worked together.
"I was shocked and scared," said Lakesha Knight, who spent the night with her parents across from the shooting.
The Marshall County Sheriff's Department has also confirmed Burchette, is in custody. Sources tell us Burchette was arrested in Memphis at the an apartment complex.
BREAKING UPDATES IN BYHALIA SHOOTING.— Tony Atkins (@TonyAtkinsFOX13) February 20, 2017
1. Victim has died.
2. Suspect Lamont Burchette is now in custody. pic.twitter.com/tjdrxR0PGo
BYHALIA, Miss.--- One person has been shot and a gunman is on the run after a shooting in Byhalia, Mississippi, according to Marshall County Sheriff's Deputies.
The shooting happened on Highway 178 at Griffin, Inc. a armored vehicle supplier.
- DEPUTIES: Victim dies after being shot by co-worker in Byhalia, suspect in custody
- Grandmother charged after 4-year-old accidentally shot by brother
- FOX13 Investigates: Who can buy medical marijuana in Arkansas?
- A 'very amazing puppy': Family dog brought to shelter with note from child
Deputies said two co-workers who previously had "beef" were involved in the shooting. The victim was shot in the head and body.
The victim was airlifted to Regional One.
Per Sheriff - Victim shot in head, body -- EVEN after he fell INSIDE the plant.— Tony Atkins (@TonyAtkinsFOX13) February 20, 2017
Investigators believe Burchette could be Nashville bound. pic.twitter.com/hKe1ImFHNY
- Coroner: Child killed while sleeping in bed had 20 gunshot wounds
- MBI investigating death of Tunica Co. inmate
- FOX13 Investigates: High crime areas still MPD's focus
The suspect has been identified as Lamont Burchette. He was seen leaving in a 2012 gray Jeep Liberty. Deputies said the suspect is believed to be heading towards Nashville.
Man in EXTREMELY CRITICAL after shooting at Griffin Armor Plant. Both shooter and victim employees. pic.twitter.com/HeKJlBYCyJ— Tony Atkins (@TonyAtkinsFOX13) February 20, 2017
FOX13 is working to learn what charges the suspect may face.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.