MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Billy Turner, man accused of killing former NBA player Lorenzen Wright, appeared in court Thursday morning for his arraignment.
His arraignment is now reset for Tuesday morning to give him time to hire an attorney.
Tuner remains in jail on a one million dollar bond.
Emotional in the courtroom, Wright's mother Deborah Marion shouts, "How could you have murdered my son?!"
Judge offered his condolences to Marion and told her that type of behavior was not tolerated in the courtroom.
Assistant District Attorney Paul Hagerman said it wouldn’t happen again. “The family has been suffering through this for seven years,” Hagerman said. “So they’re the ones with obviously a lot of feelings in the courtroom today.”
Wright's mother arrived to court wearing a picture of her son on her shirt.
She told FOX13 she wants Turner to see the man he allegedly killed, face to face.
The former NBA's star's mother also brought a picture of her son to court.
Tuesday Tuner was indicted and charged with first degree murder.
Lorenzen Wright Murder Case
- Suspect charged with murder of Lorenzen Wright
- Who is Billy Turner? Suspect accused in Lorenzen Wright murder
- The connection between Lorenzen Wright and his alleged killer Billy Turner
- Gun used in killing found in Mississippi lake, police say
- Lorenzen’s mom visits lake where gun was found
Cox Media Group