Maggots found in KFC chicken sends child to hospital

Maggots found in KFC chicken sends child to hospital

Helena West Helena Police are releasing disturbing video after a child went to the hospital for food poisoning after eating at a local KFC restaurant.

A citizen contacted police through the department's Facebook page and shared video of the chicken they say they got at the Kentucky Fried Chicken at 789 Sebastian in West Helena.

The video shows maggots crawling all over pieces of fried chicken.

Content Continues Below

The woman told police she went to the restaurant on October 2 and that her son became ill after eating the food.

The woman said she took the 5-year-old to the emergency room where he began gagging and throwing up.

She told police she contacted the local KFC manager, but that no one had called her back.

Helena West Helena Police told FOX13 this is not a criminal matter, but it chose to release the video to make the public aware.