• Memphis man kills pregnant girlfriend, tells police horrifying reason why he did it

    By: Greg Coy , Tony Atkins


    MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A man is charged with killing his pregnant girlfriend Saturday night in Whitehaven.

    Keosha Miller, 22, was the victim, according to MPD.

    The shooting happened around 6:59 p.m. in the 4300 block of East Wind, which is in the Faronia Square Townhomes. 

    Police arrested and charged Brandon Freeman in connection with the homicide.

    According to the police affidavit, Freeman was seen fleeing the residence at a "high rate of speed" by witnesses. The witnesses called Freeman to check and see if he was okay. He told them "some random guys tried to shoot he and his girlfriend."

    MPD told FOX13 Freeman later returned to the scene and moved evidence.

    Freeman later gave an admission to police, stating he shot and killed Miller because he was unsure if it was his baby and it was the easiest way he could think of to get out of the relationship.

    Miller was three months pregnant when she was shot and killed, police said. The fetus didn't survive the shooting.

     "When I walked out my living room, I heard a second shot," said neighbor, Sheena Townsend. "I came to my front door, and I hear people saying, 'Oh my god. I hope she is not dead.'"

    Freeman has been charged with first-degree murder. Another first-degree murder charge could possibly be filed against Freeman.

    Tennessee Law allows prosecutors to charge a murder suspect with the death of an unborn child regardless of how old the fetus is. FOX13 checked Freeman's criminal background with the TBI and found only two charges; murder and domestic violence. Both of them stem from Saturday's killing of Miller.  

    FOX13 searched social media. Pictures posted on Facebook depict Freeman and Miller to be a happy young couple.

    On the social media website, the couple claimed to be married, but there are no wedding photos.

    Apartment management asked FOX13 to leave before we could visit Miller's apartment to find any family.  

    FOX13 went to Freeman last known address in Whitehaven, but neighbors told us the rental had been vacant for months.  

    Back at the crime scene, Sheena Townsend said she didn't know either Freeman or Miller well but she remembers what she heard minutes before the gunfire, a woman trying to avoid a violent confrontation.

    "She tried to walk away from the argument they were having, and that wasn't enough to just walk away," said Townsend. 

    Trending Now:

    Next Up: