The study is meant to inspire goodwill toward the less fortunate. WalletHub compared over 180 cities across the country for the study.
Here is a break-down of the ‘neediness’ in Memphis (1=Neediest; 91=Avg.)
- 10th – Child Poverty Rate
- 34th – Adult Poverty Rate
- 75th – Homelessness Rate
- 5th – Food Insecurity Rate
- 40th – Uninsured Rate
- 43rd – % of Homes with Inadequate Plumbing
- 86th – % of Homes with Inadequate Kitchens
For a full report of this study, visit wallethub.com.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.