Women held at gunpoint, bound with extension cords during home invasion

Several people were robbed during a home invasion in Oakhaven. The incident happened just after midnight at a home near Oakhaven Park.

Two women had just arrived at the house when they saw an unknown man squatting next to the garbage cans, according to a police report. One of the women screamed, and they tried to run to the side door.

The suspect grabbed one of the women and pointed a gun at her head, the reports states. The other woman began fighting with the suspect, but he pushed her away and hit her in the head with the gun.

The women didn’t have a key, so the suspect forced them to knock on the door until someone let them inside. The report states one of the occupants was in a bedroom with her grandson when she heard the knocking, so she went to answer the door.

When she opened the door, the gunman pushed the women inside. At that point, two other suspects came from the backyard and entered the home, according to the police report.

Trending Now:

The women told investigators the three men then ransacked the home over a period of about 30 minutes. One of the victims told the suspects her niece was still out in the car, but he wouldn’t let them go get the child.

The police report states two of the victims were even tied up with extension cords, and the suspects threatened to kill the victims if they didn’t say “where the money was.”

Eventually, the suspects got spooked because they saw a car parked in front of the house. It was one of the victim’s boyfriend.

He told officers he pulled into the driveway as the suspects were running out of the house. One of them pointed a gun at him and told him to back up. He did, and he hit a parked car while trying to oblige.

The suspects then ran westbound on Christine Road, according to police.

Farris James was shocked after hearing that his neighbors were attacked and had their home ransacked.

"Nothing but women stay there,” James said. "Man its crazy. Man that's pitiful.”

Two cellphones and several hundred dollars was stolen during the incident. No arrests have been made.